The archeological museum of Chalkis is situated on El Venizelou street very close to the judicial palace. The building in which it is roofed, began being constructed at the end of the 19th century while the works finished in 1901. The plan is the architect’s Lykaki. The building is a one-floor with ceramic roof on its sides from which there are decoration In the center of the appearance of the building on top of the central wooden door there is an gable and with the sculptured brickwork on the base of the building and the corners, make it special from the other buildings. In the museum’s yard there are various exhibits, trees and some sheds that were added to the area recently for reasons of protection of the marbles. Observing photographs of the building throughout the years it is concluded that almost nothing has changed in the museum since its construction in the beginning of the last century till today.